Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 101 - Free Treat

May 20 - Today is Friday, and ended up being my last day at work.  I had planned to have next Wednesday be the last day, but it worked out better for everyone just to go ahead and make it today.  Because it was my last day, I got to leave at 4 pm.  I remembered on my way home that when I was at Target the other day the Starbucks in the store had frappuccino happy hour from 3-5pm.  I assumed that this was going on at all Starbucks locations and was an ongoing thing, so I decided to stop at Starbucks for a last day of work treat.  When I walked in, I didn't see signs about happy hour though.  I decided to ask the guys behind the counter if frapp hh was still going on.  The conversation went something like this:

Me:  Are you guys still doing frappuccino happy hour?
Guy 1:  No, Sunday was the last day of that.
Me:  Awww, that stinks.  I was really excited about getting my frappuccino for half price.
Guy 1:  I'm sorry.  My co-worker will day for you if that will make you happier.
Guy 2:  I'll dance while you tell him what you want.
Me:  (smiling)  I would like a grande coconut mocha frappuccino.  Low fat and without toppings.
Guy 3:  (walks over with a drink in his hand)  Here, you can have this one.
Me:  What is it?
Guy 3:  It's just what you ordered but not with low fat milk.  And it's free.
Me:  Why?  What is wrong with it?
Guy 3:  I put an extra pump of coconut in it and the person didn't want it.
Me:  Holy Cow!!! I'll take it!  Thanks guys, y'all made my day!


What are the odds that it was almost exactly what I ordered?  Crazy!  I was super pumped.  A great way to end an otherwise kind of sad day.  Thanks fun 3 guys at Starbucks in north Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment