Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 96 - Sunday Night Baseball (and WAY too long)

Okay, so obviously I've fallen a little behind on my blogging.  Who am I kidding?  I'm WAY behind.  I am planning to get caught up over the coming days though.  It has taken some time and the help of JE for me to back track and figure out what happened on what days.  Thankfully, with the combination of my camera, his camera, and his parents camera, I have lots of pictures.  I have to be honest, I don't have one for each day, but I should be able to post something for each day.  I will also start dating the blogs to help all of us follow along.  Just to catch you all up and give myself a bit of an excuse, a lot has happened since my last post.  Rather than tell you about all of it in this one post, you'll have to read them all to get up.  Enjoy!

May 15 - Sunday Night Baseball
It's Sunday evening and I'm sitting on my bed watching the final game of the Red Sox vs Yankees series in New York.  We won the first 2, so I'm hoping for the sweep.  I really like baseball and the Red Sox are my favorite MLB team, but I still struggle to watch a game on tv alone.  So, to keep me focused, I have decided to work on my gum wrapper Christmas tree garland. 


Each one of these is made from the silver wrapper that comes on some types of gum, and each one gets folded 5 times to get in to the size and shape that I need.  Tonight, I folded one for each batter during the game.  It was fun, productive and kept me involved with the game.  As they started to pile up, I grabbed a little, plastic baseball helmet that I once got ice cream in at a Rangers game.  It seemed fitting. Once they are folded, they get linked together to make a chain. Hopefully, I'll have this completed by Christmas this year and can show you the final result.  Oh, and since I know you were wondering, yes, the Red Sox won and took the sweep in NYC.  Go Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment