Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 14 - Berries

This was my snack for today.


I love fruit!  Good strawberries are pretty easy to come by.  Blueberries, on the other hand, tend to lack flavor here in Texas.  I lived in Michigan for a year, and the neighborhood I lived in was directly across the street from a blueberry farm.  Those blueberries were the size of a dime and were amazingly delicious.  Most things in or from Texas are the best, but produce in Michigan wins, hands down.  Of course, I still buy fruit here, but my expectations are lower.  Well, I was pleasantly shocked at how awesome these blueberries were.  They're from Chile, but hey, I bought them here in Texas, so I give some credit to my state.  This also gets me excited for the summer months and the fruit that comes with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment