Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 88 - Hula Hut

JE wanted to go to dinner tonight somewhere that was very "Austin".  He picked Hula Hut.  I have never been there, but once he told me that it was owned by the same people as Chuy's, I knew I would love it.  Apparently, most of Austin loves it.  There was an hour and half wait when we got there.  We decided to get a drink at the bar while we waited.  Right after we got our drinks, a group of people in the bar left.  We were able to sit where they were.  Score!  It was really the ambience that we were hoping for, but we were both glad that we didn't have to wait the hour and a half to eat.


It was a cool place with good food, and I can check it off my "places to eat in Austin" list.

1 comment:

  1. My closest friends out here, Jose and Kristen, had their first date at Hula Hut. Every time they go back to Austin for family gatherings, or business, or whatever might bring them to town, they go back to Hula Hut to celebrate that happy memory. :)

    Trace

    ReplyDelete