Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 45 - DD does it again

I drove threw Dunkin' Donuts this morning for my weekly Friday morning coffee.  I gave the nice girl my money and punch card.  She handed me the coffee and my punch card back with 2 new punches which makes my next drink free.  Sounds like a pretty normal exchange I know, but she also gave me a bright yellow slip of paper with her name and some info to fill out an online survey.  Once the survey is filled out and I write down the code, and I bring the yellow paper back for a free drink! 


Not only are their drinks cheaper and better than most other coffee places, but they reward you for going there.  This is my kind of place, and I will continue to "freequent" their establishment.

1 comment:

  1. Ian's father is an engineer who works in the Sara Lee coffee plants which produce Dunkin Donuts coffee. He was just telling me the other night (while they're out here visiting) about some of the things DD does to make sure their coffee is the freshest available. For one thing, they use half the percentage of water in making their coffee that others do, so the flavor is stronger. Other brands also allow their coffee to stay on the shelf for 6 months before it expires; Dunkin insists on sending it back after only 3 months to make sure the taste is fresh. Lastly, there's something about the actual coffee machines in their stores which uses some extra awesome water filtering system to make sure the water itself is really pure and therefore they hope good tasting when it makes the coffee.

    Trace

    ReplyDelete