Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 53 - Won't be the last time

This morning we got up and went to breakfast at this great little restaurant that JE had told me about.  He said that he had the best breakfast of his life there, so I had to experience it for myself.  We shared banana pancakes with coconut syrup, scrambled eggs, Portuguese sausage and fried rice.  It was an interested combination and one that I never would have chosen.  But, I trusted him, and he was totally right!  It was a great meal that I know I will have several more times in my life.

Next, we went to an outdoor flea market/swap meet that happens every Saturday around the big football stadium.  There were vendors set up with all sorts of cool Hawaiian souvenirs and stuff. It was nice to wander with JE and look at all the cool stuff.  We got some ideas for things to decorate the house with, and there was really interesting people to watch.  I bought a fun straw hat and some flower hair clips.  JE got some dried fruit, and he bought me a really pretty sarong. 


There were several people selling them and there were a ton of different colors and designs, but this one was my favorite.  The colors are so vibrant and the flowers have significance.  The bigger ones are hibiscus which is the state flower of Hawaii, and the smaller one are plumeria which I think are gorgeous. 

We have a wonderful day, and I have a strong feeling that this day will be replicated several times in my future.  If you're planning to come visit, you will get to experience this day for yourself.  And, I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment