Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 74 - A real, live elephant

Today was day 2 of me working the wedding celebrations.  The guests were eating lunch when I arrived, so I jumped in and helped with last minute details.  I was talking to Hala when I heard someone mention that the elephant was here.  Elephant?  I knew that it must have been there for the Baraat (the entrance of the future husband), but I had never gotten to witness one done with an actual elephant.  I took a second to run outside and snap a picture.

People were posing with it before the event started, but I just wanted to see it now because I knew I wouldn't get to watch much of the Baraat.  And, I knew that there would be people everywhere so I wouldn't get a good shot of Christy, the elephant.  The rest of the day was LONG, so I'm glad that I stopped to enjoy this. 

If you have time, go check out http://gregblomberg.com/.  The pictures from this weekend won't be up for a little bit, but he has an entire section of just Indian weddings so you get an idea of how amazing they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment